Sunday, September 2, 2007

News from Ukraine

A few people have asked me if I still sponsor kids through L2O (life2orphans.org). The answer is yes. I have 4 kids. Three sisters (16,17,18) at one orphanage and 1 boy (14) at another. I wanted to share photos of the gifts the kids have sent me. The youngest girl, Alla, sent me a beautifully handmade broom. It is meant to bring happiness and good luck to our home. If you look closely you can see - the decorations are made of seeds and rocks that she painted.
The boy, Oleg, sent me a picture he drew with a 2 page English written letter. This is amazing since most kids in Ukraine do not know English.
Here is a exert from his letter "I always remember about you in my prayers with gratitude.... I am in 8th grade. I like algebra and physics. I am so well at playing soccer.....I like to sing and listen to Christian songs. I would like our God bless me with ability to sing, worshiping Him. I pray God to bless me with wisdom and good knowledges. I love you and kiss you many times" About celebrating Christmas in Ukraine "It was so great, We prayed a lot, had joy, wishing good to one another."

No comments: